"and the best thing you've ever done for me

"The best thing you've ever done for me, is to help me take my life less seriously - It's only life after all"

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

shopping

So tonight I had to go out and get provisions for the little one - she started veggies this week and I knew after yesterday and today that we would be out of carrots by sometime on Friday (and she has to eat them through Friday or Saturday). And I just have to comment that sometimes something comes over me (a trance?) that makes me look around and around a store (usually like Wal-Mart or Target) for hours. And I look through a section and look through it again. And I sometimes go through it a third time. And I can't seem to stop myself and go home. And I can be dead tired (like tonight - I had already been to Macon with the little girl today), but I will just keep looking and looking. If John did not have a video game to play, I am sure he would wonder what happened to me. Is this some kind of sickness? A shopping zombiedom or something? Does anyone else out there suffer from this? And what can I do to make it stop? I was in Wal-Mart for something like 2 hours tonight. When I needed to be at home cleaning the house and working on my sister-in-law's birthday gift-

On another note, little J is now so mobile (with the turning over) that she will turn herself over in her crib and then cry because she gets trapped in a corner and can't figure out how to get out. She loves carrots! We can even fool her into eating the rice cereal by mixing it with the carrots (this looks gross and sounds nasty, too, but apparently it's delightful for a 4 1/2 month old).

A final note (and brag) about John. He brought me a miniature rose plant tonight. He gave me one for Valentine's Day (he doesn't like to give real flowers since they die), but it only made it about 3 weeks ( it and the dog were neglected when we first had the baby). He said that he thought this plant might have more of a chance since we don't have our hands as full nowadays. I hope I won't kill this "love plant" (see How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days).

Oh- and because I brought up the dog, I must mention that I LOATHE that animal sometimes. Today it took me almost an hour to get him to come out from under the bed so little J and I could leave for Macon. I'm still worried about what he might have been doing under the bed ----

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, actually, it was closer to 3 hours. And I DID begin to worry when I looked at my watch and realized that almost 2 hours had passed, but you called then and so I realized that you were still alive, just mesmerized by the wonder that is Wal-Mart.