"and the best thing you've ever done for me

"The best thing you've ever done for me, is to help me take my life less seriously - It's only life after all"

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Things that are happening around here -

So, I know I have not updated in some time. I have had so much going on. Most of it good, but all of it time-consuming.
Little J. is growing like a weed. She is 14.6 pounds and 24 inches tall. Very cute - legs like the Michelin (sp) Man and little hands and feet that look like they have been made out of playdough and stuck on to her arms and legs. She keeps me and John hopping. Right now we are frustrated and trying to help her because she just continues to spit up all the time. We have tried all of the remedies people tell you about - she sleeps on a wedge, we don't move her around much or lay her down right after she eats, we sometimes give her gas drops, we rub her tummy but not too hard, etc. Mostly we keep her bibbed constantly and walk around with burp cloths at all times. (In fact, since many of our friends have picked at John about being the big tough guy with a pink cloth on his shoulder, I gave him a camo burp cloth for Father's Day -- see www.abetterbib.com. Also, I gave him 2 packages of Hoo-Ahhs field towels -- they are what they say, just wipes basically, but they also have a camo motif.). Anyway, the spitting up thing really has us jumping. And now we have 2 medications we are giving her - Reglan before every meal and Zantac 2x a day. I don't know if anyone will happen upon my blog and read who can help, but if anyone knows anything, please let me know.
Other than that. John has a new game he is playing. So that means less time with me. :(. I know I should be used to it by now, but I think my discontent with it is actually worse because this summer I am basically a stay-at-home-Mom. So when he gets home in the afternoon, I really want attention, but he just wants to see little J. and then go and log in and play. So I have been watching lots of bad tv alone. I have enjoyed the new show Windfall, though. And I am also using the summer to catch up on Degrassi episodes on the N. All of that and washing and folding tons of little bitty laundry and playing with my daughter (who now knows all of her vowel sounds and loves to squeal and play with her big ole feet) and of course washing all kinds of bottles and cereal bowls and being a house frau for my husband.
Anyway, some of those tasks are calling right now. So I am off.

No comments: