"and the best thing you've ever done for me

"The best thing you've ever done for me, is to help me take my life less seriously - It's only life after all"

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Perhaps the best thing about bed rest

(And I know I have not written in two days - sorry! )

I think I know the best thing about this bed rest. Normally I have to leave for work at 6:30 or so. At my daughter's insistence, my husband gets her up right before I leave so that I can fix her hair and kiss her goodbye. But that is never enough time. Mornings are so good - none of the sleepy attitude from the night before- just a sweet little girly.

So our routine now is that he puts her in bed with me before he leaves for work - about 6:30. She and I don't get up until about 7, so we have a blissful 30 mins to talk about whatever and snuggle. And then we have about 30 mins after that to get her ready, which is plenty of time since all I do to myself is put on some sweats, wash my face, and brush my teeth.

Maybe everyone needs a little bed rest every now and then - to make the world slow down.

1 comment:

Aleta said...

I like that you look at the positive and those 30 minutes here and 30 minutes there ~ precious times and memories!